Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Herbs


Time for herbs. I planted cilantro from seed because every time I purchased a starter plant it eventually died. A co-worker told me to try seeds. So far so good.

Oregano and thyme is great to add to any dish. I love the smell of thyme. These were starter plants I started in March. The first photo is a month later. I've trimmed them repeatedly but it looks like the oregano wants to take over.
Basil. What can I say, it's aromatic. Chives are a first for me. Found this starter plant on sale at the grocery store. I ran out of containers so I grabbed what I had.



Culantro is a must have in my garden. The smell when you rub the leaves brings back memories of the spanish dishes my mother made.

Lavender is a first as well. Didn't think I was going to use it but wanted something decorative. It smells wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment