Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beans


After repeatedly looking at the book by Pamela Crawford, "Easy Container Combos: Vegetables and Flowers", I had an image in my head for my container garden with 3 different vegetables inside. Got the container, soil and seeds. I planted crookneck squash, golden wax bush beans and romaine lettuce.

What a choice, but this is my way of learning. Seeds sprouted fast, almost too fast because I realized that my container was too small. I read that beans don't like to be repotted so I transplanted the squash and lettuce.

Bush beans are really bushy and I thought it could use some support. I had some bamboo poles and stretchy garden ties. I should not have left it up because with the recent almost daily downpours, it needed more circulation.

I do have beans sprouting, yeah!

I even planted green bush snap beans. I made sure I didn't overload the container.



No comments:

Post a Comment