Sunday, August 8, 2010

The tomato saga


This husky cherry red that I planted in July is doing good.






One the right is the BHN 602 and it was doing poorly. It
only produced 4 tomatoes. Because the leaves were diseased I cut back all the way to the first stem where the suckers were growing. It does seem to be growing okay and the rain today helped.



This is the sweet 100 cherry tomato in the Topsy Turvey. The stems were very long and it wasn't producing fruit. The leaves were showed black dots on this so I cut this one back as well. You can see the strawberries that I'm trying.



I've been hearing from other people that their tomatoes aren't doing well either. I don't know if it is from the heat or just a bad tomato year. I hope it's just the heat and that it will do better when it cools off.

No comments:

Post a Comment